May 23, 2013, Canada – The Canadian Association of Pump Manufacturers (CAPM) held their annual general meeting on Apr. 30, and brought in a special guest speaker on time management.
The meeting was held at Xylem training facilities in Guelph, Ont. In the morning, members reviewed the minutes of the fall 2012 meeting and discussed goals for 2013, including creation of a newsletter, allocating funds to charity, and a Canadian Rural Water Coalition (working title).
Membership in the association stands at 15 companies (nine voting and six associate). Stuart Saville of Zoeller passed the leadership torch to Mitch Tetrault of Franklin Electric, who will serve as CAPM president for 2013.
In the afternoon, the association brought in Brian Bluff, president and co-founder of Site-Seeker, an Internet marketing strategies and solutions company, to talk about some tools for better time management. Bluff delivered an engaging seminar that sparked lively conversation, particularly around how to better handle e-mail.
Here are a few of Bluff’s best tips:
• A time study is worthwhile. Software such as Eternity Time Log (iPhone, iPad) or Time Tracker (Android) are examples that can help you figure out where your time goes
• A smartphone will sync with your computer, but a browser can also sync with your phone and remember browsing preferences, etc.
• Instapaper/Instafetch allows you to create a “read later” document for non-pressing email, or items to be read at leisure
• Google does have a scientific calculator in it
• Password Keeper is recommended software that helps manage your passwords
• Doodle scheduling software is easy, free of charge and requires no registration
Print this page