Grundfos pump competition challenges contractors at Groundwater Week
November 26, 2019 By Ground Water Canada
Houston, TX – Grundfos will run its second annual competition for water-well contractors with a grand prize of $10,000 at National Groundwater Association’s Groundwater Week.
The competition, which sees contractors go head to head to demonstrate their pump skills and knowledge, will take place on Dec. 4, at Grundfos booths 445 and 545.
The semifinalists competing in Las Vegas have previously qualified at more than 80 qualifying events across the United States and Canada.
The qualifying challenge was a timed virtual reality game that tested both industry and Grundfos product knowledge. Nine participants with the highest scores from the U.S. and one participant with the highest score from Canada have been invited to the WaterPRO Championship semifinals at Groundwater Week.
Participants who did not achieve one of the top scores at the qualifying events can try again at Grundfos’ booths, and the two highest scores will advance to the semifinals. With the final two participants in place, semifinalists will compete in a new challenge involving Grundfos products. Semifinalists with the top three times will advance to the finals for another unique challenge.
The schedule for Dec. 4 is as follows:
• 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Qualifying event for past participants at Grundfos booth 545 with opportunity to advance to semifinals
• 2:15 p.m.: Semifinals
• 3:10 p.m.: WaterPRO Championship final heat
• 3:25 p.m.: WaterPRO Championship winner announced
• 6 to 9 p.m.: Hospitality event at Hard Rock Café, formal awards ceremony at 6:45 p.m.
“This year’s WaterPRO Championship has attracted so much talent,” said Dan Story, vice-president of ground water sales for Grundfos USA. “We’ve all enjoyed seeing the expertise and skills that these competitors have brought to the table since the qualifying events began in January. And last year’s winner, Jason Johnson, is back to defend his title.”
This year’s semifinalists include:
• Mike Philips, Gerritsen Drilling, Score 778 (Calgary, Alta.)
• Eric Van De Yacht, Leo Van De Yacht Pump, Score 862.53
• Donovan Sippel, Sippel Well Drilling, Inc., Score 842.85
• Dustin Merrill, Merrill Drilling and Water Systems, Score 842.01
• Steve Hartmann, Hartmann Well Co., Score 839.75
• Ryan Braatz, Book and Proch, 815.89
• Josh Hagan, Hagan Heating & Plumbing, 809.78
• Jason Johnson, A1 Water Well Service, Score 808.25 (2018 Winner)
• Justin Moore, Associated Well Services, Score 804.13
• Ray Francis, Francis Pump and Well Service, 778.80
For more information, visit the Grundfos website and see Grundfos during NGWA Groundwater Week at Grundfos booths 445 and 545.
Print this page