Marijuana in the Workplace brings together a panel of experts and industry leaders who will address hot-button issues regarding the legalization of recreational marijuana and its implications on workplace safety in Canada.
Attendees will gain insights on compliance, rights and learn best practices in ensuring fitness for duty, manage worker expectations and balance compliance/enforcement with employee privacy.
Who should attend:
- Chief executive officers
- Senior safety-management executives
- Professionals in managerial/safety supervisory roles
- Human-resource planners
- Joint health and safety committee leaders
- Professionals in safety-sensitive industries, including construction, transportation services, logistics, manufacturing, resource extraction and health care.
- Understand fitness for duty issues, recognize signs of impairment and know when to intervene;
- Balance compliance and enforcement with employee-privacy issues;
- Design and implement an effective drug-testing policy and procedures;
- Demonstrate due diligence and compliance with other legal considerations;
- Learn about best practices and recommendations toward pre-employment screening and drug-testing;
- Managing employee expectations; and
- Appreciate the importance of education and training for employees and supervisors