December 17, 2020 By National Ground Water Association
During Groundwater Week and the Groundwater Summit, the National Ground Water Association presented its annual Awards of Excellence, Outstanding Groundwater Project Awards and Sectional Awards.
Recipients accepted their awards via video.
Longtime NGWA member John Pitz, NGWAF, is the recipient of NGWA’s most prestigious award, the Ross L. Oliver Award for outstanding contributions to the groundwater industry. Pitz is President of N L Pitz in Batavia, Illinois.
Additional 2020 NGWA award recipients are as follows:
Awards of Excellence:
- James Butler, Jr., Ph.D., Senior Scientist and Chief of the Geohydrology Section of the Kansas Geological Survey at the University of Kansas – M. King Hubbert Award for major science contributions to the knowledge of groundwater
- David Henrich, CWD/PI, CVCLD, President, Bergerson-Caswell Inc., Maple Plain, Minnesota — Robert Storm Intersectional Cooperation Award
- Marcia Degan, Ph.D., P.E., Technical Services Manager at Virginia Department of Health, Roanoke, Virginia – Special Recognition Award
- Jeffrey Smith, MGWC of Smith Well Drilling and Janice Hawk-Baldwin, CWD/PI of Hawk Well Co., on behalf of their work with the Empire State Water Well Drilling Association in Rome, New York – Special Recognition Award
- Mike Barcelona, Ph.D., Emeritus Professor, Western Michigan University – Life Member Award
- Francis Weedon, President/Owner of Frontier Logging Corp., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Technology Award
- David Henrich, CWD/PI, CVCLD, President, Bergerson-Caswell Inc., Maple Plain, Minnesota – Standard Bearer Award
Outstanding Groundwater Project Awards:
- Geosyntec Consultants / Launch Ready! High-Resolution Site Characterization and the Expedited Remediation of a Multi-Acre Chlorinated Volatile Organic Compound Plume at NASA’s Launch Complex 39B – Ground Water Remediation Project Award
- Golder Associates, S.S. Papadopulos & Associates, Inc., and Arcadis / The City of Evart, Michigan for their Rapid Response and Remediation of Wellfield with Perchlorate – Groundwater Remediation Project Award
- Daniel B. Stephens & Associates, Inc. / Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority DWTP Large-Scale Recharge Project – Groundwater Supply Project Award
- Neil Thomson, Ph.D., P. Eng., Professor, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario Canada — Keith E Anderson Award
- Ronald Falta, Ph.D., Professor, Clemson University, Clemson South Carolina – John Hem Award
Dean Wygal, Senior Technical Sales Manager, Western Region at Grundfos Americas Corporation, Wilsonville, Oregon — Manufacturers Section Special Recognition Award
- Ronnie Hensley, Director Of Engineered Water, Gicon Pumps and Equipment Ltd., Abernathy, Texas — Supplier of the Year Award
Read more about NGWA awards, which honour the best of the best in the groundwater industry, at ngwa.org/members/awards.
Print this page