Strategies & Innovations
Preparations underway for 2012 Groundwater Expo
October 18, 2012 By administrator
Oct. 18, 2012, Ohio – Held annually by the National Ground Water
Association (NGWA), this year's Groundwater Expo is slated to take place
December 4-7 in Las Vegas.
Oct. 18, 2012, Ohio – Held annually by the National Ground Water Association (NGWA), this year's Groundwater Expo is slated to take place December 4-7 in Las Vegas.
The 2012 Expo will feature:
- More than 70 hours of workshops, panel presentations, and discussion sessions for contractors, scientists, engineers, and others covering everything from water well construction and maintenance to ground water quality and sustainability, with safety, business management, hydraulic fracturing, and geothermal operations rounding out the lineup.
- A special daylong fundamentals and refresher course on ground water and wells designed for those new to the industry, as well as seasoned professionals – contractors, scientists, engineers, manufacturers, and suppliers – wishing to brush up on the basics.
- The farewell presentation of Dr. S. Majid Hassanizadeh's 2012 NGWREF Darcy lecture in ground water science, "Transport of Viruses in Partially Saturated Soil and Groundwater" and the kickoff presentation of the 2013 NGWREF McEllhiney lecture in water well Technology, "Keeping the Pump Primed: Aquifer Sustainability," by John Jansen, Ph.D., PG.
- More than 290 exhibitors, 18 of which are first-time participants, showing their offerings in 60,000-plus square feet of space, with more still expected to come aboard. To date, 75 new products/services will be on hand as well.
- Keynote address by Tommy "Two Gloves" Gainey, former A.O. Smith Corp. employee-turned-pro golfer, recounting his story of making his dream come true, along with Golf Channel analyst and former PGA Tour professional, Charlie Rymer.
- Nearly two dozen NGWA award presentations honouring individuals and companies that have made significant contributions to the ground water industry, including outstanding ground water project awards in protection and remediation that recognize innovative technologies and techniques to solve unique groundwater challenges.
- A charitable fundraising auction benefiting scholarships and ground water supply projects in developing nations.
To learn more about the 2012 NGWA Groundwater Expo and annual meeting, visit www.GroundwaterExpo.com or call 800-551-7379 (614-898-7791).
Print this page