Canadian National Ground Water Association: Become a voting member
By Ground Water Canada
By Ground Water Canada
The Canadian National Ground Water Association has been incorporated as of October 2019 to represent a united ground water industry in Canada.
The mission of the Canadian National Ground Water Association is to:
- Increase public awareness of the critical importance of ground water to Canadian society and the economy.
- Advocate governments and industries to protect and improve the quality of ground water resources across Canada.
- Contribute industry knowledge and expertise to the development of relevant and effective Canadian federal and provincial ground water legislation.
- Help prepare future generations of well drillers, contractors, suppliers, scientists, and engineers through outreach, education, and accreditation.
Canadian attendees of the National Ground Water Association’s Groundwater Week met in December 2019 and elected a working board of directors. The board meets remotely through conference calls. It consists of 10 directors:
- Blaine Matuga, Central Interior Pumps, Kamloops, B.C. (president)
- Johnny Wilson, J. B. Wilson & Son Well Drilling, Springfield, Ont. (first vice-president)
- Michael Lamont, Precision Service and Pumps Inc., Abbotsford, B.C. (second vice-president)
- Stephen Bleizeffer, Lackner McLennan Insurance, Kitchener, Ont. (treasurer)
- Dwayne Graff, Well Initiatives Ltd., Elora, Ont. (secretary)
- Paul Conrad, Conrad Well Drilling Ltd., Parry Sound, Ont.
- Bill MacDonald, Heron Instruments, Dundas, Ont.
- Jim Smith, Fleming College, Frost Campus, Lindsay, Ont.
- Joel Gagnon, University of Windsor, Ont.
- Colleen Cross, Ground Water Canada
If you’re involved in the ground water industry in Canada, you are automatically an Associate member. Make a donation of $100 or more to participate in meetings and have a vote on association matters. Download the CNGWA Membership Registration Form.
Those who donate have a chance to win a Heron Instruments Datum Point Central Control Well Monitoring System complete with a data logger (value $3,000).
If you are involved in the ground water industry in Canada, please share your ideas of what you’d like to see in a national association.
Reach out to the Canadian National Ground Water Association:
Share ideas: email@example.com
Ask questions: firstname.lastname@example.org