Franklin Electric releases seminar schedule
September 28, 2011, Bolton, ON – Franklin Electric has announced the schedule for its 2011-2012 FranklinTECH interactive seminar series.
The seminars offer water systems professionals hands-on sessions, product demonstrations and instruction on the use of meters. All support materials needed for the session are provided.
All sessions are conducted in English. Unless otherwise noted, they run from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, and lunch is provided. The schedule is as follows:
- Oct. 25 – Base level: submersible motor design and construction, overview of control and protection devices, application and troubleshooting, basic electricity and use of meters
- Oct. 26 – Drives advanced: general theory and design of variable frequency drives, application and troubleshooting with drives, overview of market
- Nov. 16 – Industrial and irrigation advanced: centrifugal pump theory and design, sizing of pumps and use of pump curves, overview of different pump types, application and troubleshooting
- Jan. 17, 2012 – Base level
- Jan. 18, 2012 – Drives advanced
- Feb. 14, 2012 – Three-phase school: characteristics of three-phase power, control panels and troubleshooting (half day course runs from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm)
- Feb. 15, 2012 – Industrial and irrigation advanced
All FranklinTECH courses qualify for certification within the scope of the Franklin Certified Contractor program, based on individual eligibility. This year, all-day courses (excluding the three-phase school in February) will qualify for 3.5 CEU credits through the Ontario Ministry of Environment.
FranklinTECH courses are open to professional water systems distributors, contractors and installers. There is no charge for attendance, but classes are limited to the first 24 people register with Cathy Pinarello at 866-910-6005 or firstname.lastname@example.org.