Help us SEE the water-well drilling industry!
Have you ever had people ask what you do for a living?
Ground water is life-giving but it is often invisible . . . Together let’s illustrate this precious resource and the skilled industry that brings it to the people!
To help shine a light on ground water, we present our first Cover Photo Contest!
Show us the challenges, successes, ins and outs of your drilling season and your photo could be featured on the cover of Ground Water Canada’s Winter 2020 issue.
LOOKING FOR INSPIRATION?
Here are some possible photo ideas to get you started:
Well drillers at work | Flowing wells | Staff around the shop | Well rehabilitation | Remote or picturesque well locations | Down-the-hole shots | Tricky pump installations | Pump tests | Water testing | Different generations of the business | Community outreach
See the contest details and entry requirements below.
The winning shots will be featured in Ground Water Canada both in print and online – meaning all of our readers will get a glimpse into this year’s work through the lens of your crew.
GUIDELINES AND TIPS TO ENTER
- Digital files should be at least 8 by 10 inches or 1000 by 1250 pixels at 300 dpi
- Keep photos below 20 MB as email attachments. Use file-hosting services such as Dropbox or WeTransfer for larger images
- Make sure to include the name of the photographer and your business, so we can give credit where it’s due
- Give us the details! We want to know the job site location, as well as when and how the photo was taken. Any additional information about the project, such as the size of the crew, the scope and budget of the job and at what stage of the project the shot was taken will help us put the photo in context.
- This contest is designed to highlight this year in Canadian water-well drilling. Please limit your submissions to photos taken in 2019 on Canadian soil
- Enter only photos that you own or have the express permission of the photographer to use
- Submitters must be willing to grant Ground Water Canada non-exclusive rights to reproduce the photos in print and online
- We ask individuals to limit their submissions to a maximum of three photos
The Ground Water Canada team will select the winning pictures based on the following criteria: composition, originality and intent, clarity and quality, lighting and exposure, and colour.
Most importantly, we want to see the ground water industry from your point of view. Whether it’s a sunrise from your drill rig, a bird’s-eye view of a job site or a shot from a unique remote job site, amateurs and professionals alike are encouraged to participate (and win)!
Photo Submissions are now closed for 2019. See rules and regulations