NGWA honours industry award winners
September 30, 2011, Westerville, OH – The National Ground Water Association (NGWA) has announced the winners of its annual industry awards.
Other 2011 NGWA award recipients include:
Awards of Excellence
- M. King Hubbert Award – Craig M. Bethke, Ph.D., the R.E. Grim Professor at the University of Illinois for major science contributions to the knowledge of ground water
- Robert Storm Interdivisional Co-operation Award – Beverly L. Herzog, CGWP, retired assistant to the director for environmental initiatives, Illinois Geological Survey
- Life Member Awards – William Dauksza, Barmore Pump and Electric Co., Congers, New York; James W. Goeke, emeritus professor, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, School of Natural Resources, Conservation and Survey Division; Lee Orton, executive director, Nebraska Well Drillers Association; Bill C. Stoner, Stoner Drilling Inc., Corsicana, Tex.; and Charlie Waller, CPI, Uvalde Pump Service, Uvalde, Tex.
Honourary Member Award – Lloyd Duplantis, Haiti Mission Inc., Thibodaux, La.
- Technology Award – Mark L. Kram Ph.D., Groundswell Technologies, Santa Barbara, Ca.
Standard Bearer Award – David M. Kelly, CWD/PI, Jones Well Drilling Inc., Jarrettsville, Md.
- Ground Water Protector Award – U.S. Senator Herb Kohl (D-Wis.)
- Manufacturers Division Special Recognition Award – Robert J. Stone, senior vice-president of Franklin Electric, Bluffton, Ind., and president of Franklin’s Americas Water Systems Group
- Keith E. Anderson Award – Paul C. Johnson, Ph.D., of the University of Arizona and editor of NGWA’s Ground Water Monitoring & Remediation for outstanding contributions to NGWA’s Scientists and Engineers division
John Hem Excellence in Science & Engineering Award – Jiu Jimmy Jiao, Ph.D., University of Hong Kong for significant scientific or engineering contributions to the understanding of ground water
Outstanding Ground Water Project Awards
- Ground Water Supply Award – Daniel B. Stephens & Associates Inc., Albuquerque, N.M.
Ground Water Protection Award – Water Replenishment District of Southern California
- Ground Water Remediation Award – AMEC, Amherst, N.Y.
Congratulations to all award winners.