November 22, 2023 By Water IQ Technologies
WaterIQ Technologies, a leader in next-generation ultrasonic solutions to combat harmful algae and biofilm without the use of chemicals, has announced the availability of its disruptive and advanced Pulsar 4400 and 3400, feature-rich, state-of-the-art ultrasonic devices for large and small water bodies. The updated Pulsar is designed for use by drinking water utilities, wastewater processing, agriculture, aquaculture, vineyards, golf courses, HOAs, lakes and ponds, municipal governments, and recreational waters.
The negative impacts of uncontrolled algae and biofilm are becoming more extreme – from threats to health and safety to environmental destruction and regulatory challenges. In addition, algae and biofilm are impacting the safety, economics, and aesthetics of valuable water resources.
Emitting 4,400 frequencies in two bands, the Pulsar platform targets green and blue green algae found in freshwater bodies as well as golden algae, and dinoflagellates that cause red tide which is found in saltwater bodies with its high precision frequencies. The Pulsar can now impact and disable flagella, present in Prymnesium parvum, commonly known as golden algae, which is frequently responsible for fish-kills and dinoflagellates, such as Karenia brevis, which causes red tide and is found in some of the warmest waters in the country.
“WaterIQ’s efforts toward preventing and destroying algae beyond traditional ultrasonic methods demonstrates what is achievable with high precision ultrasound targeting,” Lawrence Field, CEO and chairman of WaterIQ Technologies, said. “Our next-generation Pulsar takes ultrasound to a whole new level terminating more alga types than ever.”
Chemical-free and safe for fish and plants, the Pulsar 4400 and Pulsar 3400 prevent algae growth by transmitting ultrasonic sound waves that disrupt gas vesicles, flagella, and other cellular mechanisms in the algae, causing them to sink to the bottom and die, without releasing toxins. The disruption of algae cellular structures is critical to the eradication of algae and occurs through critical structural resonance, which causes simple cell structures to resonate. The more frequencies emitted towards an algae cell, the more likely it will resonate and be destroyed. The Pulsar also maintains its high-performance in the prevention of biofilm.
WaterIQ Pulsar platforms represent a powerful ultrasonic defence product. Designed for performance and reliability, as well as algae and biofilm prevention, the platforms operate 24/7 and come standard with high-reliability telemetry and cloud solutions to enable monitoring of operational performance and real-time water quality.
The Pulsar 4400 – Ideal for larger bodies of water.
- Supports 4,400 precise frequencies targeting green, blue-green, golden algae and dinoflagellates such as Karenia brevis which causes red tide.
- Provides the industry’s highest precision targeting, emitting closer-spaced frequencies that impact a higher percentage of alga structures.
- Monitoring and telemetry includes on/off restart, reboot, sync and measurement of operational performance and water quality metrics, at intervals.
- Includes support for water quality monitoring (full and basic,) including – phycocyanin, chlorophyll, temperature, ORP, pH, DO and turbidity.
The Pulsar 3400 – Ideal for smaller bodies of water.
- Supports 4,400 frequencies, but with lower transmitted power to better fit smaller bodies of water.
- Utilizes high-precision targeting technology to prevent and mitigate algae blooms.
- Operational monitoring and telemetry includes on/off restart, reboot, sync and measurement of operational performance and water quality metrics, at set intervals.
- IQCloud integration and access.
WaterIQ solutions are used by customers worldwide, including City of Syracuse Water Department, Cupsaw Lake HOA, Entergy, Hall Family Wines, Nebraska Lake Management, Shooting Star Golf Club, Southern Company (Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia), South Norwalk Electric and Water, Suez, Texas Fish and Wildlife Department, Tyson Food and more.
The Pulsar 4400 and 3400 are part of WaterIQ Technologies sustainable algae management solutions. These include multiple deployment platforms and power sources along with IQCloud monitoring solution. WaterIQ also offers a unique Algae Killing as a Service (AKaaS) option that shifts capital spend to a lower monthly expense item, with included technology upgrades and technical support.
Print this page